MadKudu automatically uses the primary email address in your CRM for customer fit scoring. There may be times when you would like to use another email you have on record. The steps below showcase a workflow that can be implemented in your HubSpot that aims to resolve this type of request.
- You have access to your HubSpot account
- You can set up HubSpot workflows
- You have a MadKudu account and access to MadKudu API keys
Why this should be done in HubSpot:
How to set up the workflow
1. Create a secondary set of scoring fields in HubSpot (only) for the MK Data to be placed.
These scoring fields will be the ones that receive the customer fit score and segments based on the non-primary email to be used. Please note that this means the values in standard MK scoring fields will not be changed automatically with this solution. Effectively, the score that will be provided for the secondary/alternate email will be different from the one that is provided for the primary email on the record.
2. Create a webhook to the MK API in Hubspot using a Zapier automation.
Using a Zap will allow you to map to the custom fields you created previously. An example of the workflow from the Zap created could look like:
- Helpful docs:
- MadKudu Support: https://support.madkudu.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036533552-Zapier
- Zapier Pairing - MadKudu/HubSpot: https://zapier.com/apps/madkudu/integrations/hubspot
- Helpful docs:
In this workflow, the first part is a program in Hubspot that looks for the secondary/alternate email you would like to use for scoring. It ensures that we don't call the API for records that do not have the secondary/alternate email.