Signals are meant to provide information in your CRM to explain the score of a lead. The Likelihood to Buy signals surface the latest activities performed by the Lead or Account and can also surface some activity statistics (see Aggregations).
The recent activities displayed come from the person or account behavioral activity on your website, app or marketing interactions that you track and that MadKudu pulls from your connected integrations (Segment, Amplitude, Marketo...) and maps in the Event mapping to display user-friendly event names (called meta events or MK events throughout the platform).
How to know where an event comes from?
Events are mapped from your different behavioral data sources into a standard and unique format more user-friendly in order to easily build the Likelihood to Buy model and surface these events in the signals "in english". The definition of each event can be found in the Event mapping.
How to remove an event from the Signals?
Some events may be polluting the list of most recent activities because happening too frequently and not providing any relevant information to your Sales team consuming these signals.
You can remove such events in the Data Science Studio following these instructions.
Note: removing from the signals does not mean the event is removed from the model. For example you would still want to associate points to this events in the scoring but just don't want to the event in the signals. And vice versa. The allocation of points and the configuration of the signals are independent.
Step 1: Duplicate the live model
- Go to the Data Science Studio (springbok.madkudu.com)
- Duplicate the PQL or MQA model marked as "live" so you don't risk editing the model currently in production
- Name the duplicated model how you want
Step 2: Exclude events from Signals
- In the model, navigated to Data Science Studio > Signals
- In the section Events exclusions list from signals, list one by one the events you would like to exclude. Use the name you see in the Spot check tab or see the list of events in the Event mapping
- Click on Save
Step 3: Review changes
Before looking at a sample of records scored with their signals in the spot check tab, reload the validation dataset by going to the Validation tab and click on Validate.
Then go to the Spot check tab and review that you don't see these events anymore in the signals.
Step 4: Deploy changes
Keep these considerations in mind when deploying change in the signals:
- All your Leads, Contacts, or Accounts that are usually scored by MadKudu and have performed the events impacted by the signal changes you'd like to deploy will get rescored with the next batch scoring (see when the next Analysis then Sync process should run in the Processes Page).
- Adding, editing, or deleting signals that change the prospects signals may trigger automated workflows (out of MadKudu's control) in your CRM which are based on the Likelihood to Buy score.
When you are ready, go to the Deploy tab and hit the Deploy button.
Any question? Help us improve our documentation! Shoot us an email at email@example.com