Signals are meant to provide information in your CRM to explain the score of a lead or to just surface relevant information about the prospect even if not used in the scoring.
Signals are built from rules based on the analysis of the model to show which trait impact positively or negatively the score of a lead, or based on computations we think are relevant to display.
How to add a signal to surface information to your Sales team?
Step 1: Duplicate the live model
- Go to the Data Science Studio (springbok.madkudu.com)
- Duplicate the model marked as "live" so you don't risk editing the model currently in production
- Name the duplicated model how you want
Step 2: Create Signal
- In the model, navigated to Data Science Studio > Signals
- Click on Add group at the bottom of the page
- Give a title to the Group
- Select a condition based on a Computation, condition and value
- Select how the signal should be displayed
- Signal direction: is it a positive or negative signal for Sales?
- Priority: between 0 and 100, how should this signal be positioned compared to other signals? Note that in your CRM only 5 signals are displayed total
- How the signal will look: What text should display?
- If the signal should look like a predefined text WITHOUT any dynamic value, simply enter the text in the field input and select "NULL" in the last picklist
- If the signal should look like a predefined text WITH a dynamic value, enter the text in the field input and select the computation in the last picklist.
- Click on Save
- 1 Group = 1 Signal
- 1 Group can include several rules
- A lead can only fall in 1 rule per Group -> the order of the rules in a Group is important
Step 3: Check the signal on a few leads
- Go to the Spot check tab
- Look into some examples of leads to make sure your signal look good and there isn't any error in the logic
Step 4: Deploy Signal
To make this signal active in your scoring and start updating the signals of your leads or account, you'll need to deploy the changes made.
- Coming soon for Architects! In the meantime, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To go further ...
How to build signals based on the decision trees (for decision tree based models): if a split condition of a node in a tree creates a node with a high conversion rate, it means the condition on this trait impacts positively the score of a lead.
Any question? Help us improve our documentation! Shoot us an email at email@example.com