For simplicity, we recommend that the user connecting to Salesforce be given the following permissions:
Salesforce permissions for the MadKudu User
- API Enabled - Access any Salesforce.com API
- Lead: Modify All - Create, edit, and delete all lead data, regardless of sharing settings.
- Contact: Modify All - Create, edit, and delete all contact data, regardless of sharing settings.
- Account: Modify All - Create, edit, and delete all account data, regardless of sharing settings.
- Opportunity: Modify All - Create, edit, and delete all opportunity data, regardless of sharing settings. If not possible, we need at least read on all opportunity data to train the models
- Opportunity History: Read all data. This is used to train the models
- Opportunity Field History: Read all data. This is used to identify at risk opportunities (not required)
- Task: Read all data. This is used to feed into the models
- Lead and Contact History: Read all data. This is used to train the model (find which leads became an SQL before going to nurture…)
- [Username/Password only] Api Only User - Access Salesforce.com only through a Salesforce.com API.
- [Username/Password only] Password Never Expires - Prevent the user’s password from expiring.
If you prefer more fine-grained settings, You may restrict to the following:
- Lead/Contact/Account/Opportunity: Read all data, modify the MadKudu fields.
- Other fields above: Read all data.
In this scenario, you will need to create the MadKudu fields yourself. Please follow these specifications
Can I restrict what data you can access on Lead/Contact/Account?
Yes. If your Contact/Lead/Account contains HR data, or anything you would like to restrict access to, you can restrict access to only the "relevant" fields on those objects. In this scenario, please contact your Customer Success Manager to decide what fields to give access to.
Where do I check these permissions?
To find out whether or not your user has those permissions,
This user will be used for the following
- read data from Salesforce (leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, users and changes)
- update information in Salesforce
Does MadKudu ever creates/deletes records in Salesforce?
No. MadKudu does not create any new leads or delete any records. It also does not write to any field that was not created by MadKudu.