This article covers:
- What is the Attribute mapping about?
- What is the Attribute mapping used for?
- Where is this mapping available?
- How to add an Attribute to the mapping?
- What's next?
What is the Attribute mapping about?
The Attribute mapping allows you to gather all of the known and available traits of a lead across your different systems (Salesforce, HubSpot). These traits can then be used in Computations for fit scoring or segmentation, or explored in the Insights.
- Salesforce Lead -> we know his team size = 10 people
- Salesforce Contact -> we know his job title = Product Manager
- Salesforce Account -> we know his company is a target account
- HubSpot Contact -> we know his seniority = Director
With the Attribute mapping, MadKudu gathers all information about John in your system in one place so that it can be loaded in the Data Studio and so that it can complement the third party enrichment already provided by MadKudu to score this person.
What is the Attribute mapping used for?
- To use your own enrichment (stored in your CRM) in your Customer Fit model(s). Learn more
- To build Computations to export directly to your CRM. Learn more
Where is this mapping available?
In app.madkudu.com > Mapping > Attribute mapping.
Note that if the mapping configured for your organization was not standard (meaning not supported by the app interface), the page would be empty but the mapping would be available in the back-end and can be provided upon request.
Account domain mapping
Select the field on the Salesforce Account object that identifies the web domain of the account. This field is used to match the lead or contact email domain (firstname.lastname@example.org) to an account (madkudu.com) to get the account enrichment when the lead or contact is not already linked to an account via an explicit ID.
- Object: the object from your system that the field to map is attached to
- Field name: API name of the field from your system to map
- Attribute field name: standard name used for this field across the MadKudu Platform
How to add an Attribute to the mapping?
- You are a MadKudu user with Architect permissions.
- You know which fields are suitable to be used in your customer fit model(s) or not. Please read recommendations here.
- MadKudu needs to be pulling the CRM fields you'd like to map first before adding them to the attribute mapping. Please follow instructions here.
- Deleting an attribute from the attribute mapping can break computations and models where the attribute is used. Deleting an attribute can impact the scoring. If you need to delete an attribute, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Go to app.madkudu.com > Mapping > Attribute mapping
- Click on Edit
- Click on New attribute
- Select the Object and Field
- The Attribute name is auto-filled (format : system_object_fieldname) and we recommend you to leave it as is.
- Click on Publish
You should receive an email of success or failure within a few minutes.
- In case of success: Congrats! Your new attributes will be available in the Studio after the next time compute has run on the Process page (estimation : in the next 4-8 hours)
- In case of failure : Contact your onboarding team with a screen capture of the error so they can help you move forward!
I mapped an attribute and the attribute mapping was successful, why can't I see this field in the Insights of the Studio?
There's one last step to complete before you can access your new Attribute in the Insights page : you need to create a oneToOne computation from this attribute. Learn more
- If you get a 500 error, please make sure you are still logged in. Note that by refreshing the page, your configuration will be lost
- If you get a 404 error, please make sure all input fields have a value
Still having issues? Please open a ticket here with the configuration you are trying to publish and we'll get to you as soon as we can.