✅ Source ✅ Destination
What does this integration do?
Salesforce integrates with MadKudu as a Source and a Destination.
From Salesforce, MadKudu can
- pull your Leads, Contacts, and Accounts to score, as well as data on Opportunities to build predictive models
- pull Salesforce Campaign Members and Tasks to build a behavioral score.
- push the MadKudu scores to the Lead, Contact or Account objects to help you segment and prioritize your prospects.
You can also set up Sales notifications for your prospect to be sent to the right person. Learn more.
How to connect Salesforce?
Note: only 1 Salesforce instance can be connected to MadKudu.
- Log in to MadKudu app app.madkudu.com
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Salesforce
- Choose an option to connect to Salesforce
Best practice: A specific unique Salesforce user (an Integration User) should be assigned for MadKudu and not using an employee user login to avoid having the connection with MadKudu break when the employee leaves the company. This will also allow you to monitor API calls and records updated by MadKudu.
With OAuth (preferred)
- Click on the OAuth button.
- You will be redirected to Salesforce. Follow the instructions give us access. You will be redirected back to MadKudu once done.
With Username / Password / Security Token (rare)
This setup is available but not recommended long-term as the password and security token expire regularly and break the connection between MadKudu and Salesforce.
To connect with Username / Password
- Log in to your Salesforce account
- Click on your name at the top right of the screen
- Click on My Settings
- Click on Personal in the left navigation bar
- Click on Reset My Security Token
- Click on Reset Security Token
- You should receive an email. Open your emails and find the Salesforce security token in the message
- Go back to MadKudu app app.madkudu.com (Integrations>Salesforce)
- Enter your Salesforce Username, Password and Security Token
- Click Save
MadKudu will start pulling data from Salesforce. The list of fields being pulled by default will appear in the section "Pull".
MadKudu will start pushing scores during the Implementation phase after your onboarding if you decide to receive the MadKudu data in Salesforce. Please follow the following instructions
- to create the MadKudu fields in your Salesforce (We can also create them for you)
- to display the MadKudu intelligence section in your Salesforce
|Pull (Source)||Push (Destination)|
1. Can I test MadKudu using my Salesforce Sandbox first?
MadKudu supports connections to Salesforce sandboxes but if you would like to use a Salesforce Sandbox, please reach out to the Solution Engineering team in charge of your implementation.
2. What OAuth scope does your application use?
Our OAuth application requests the following scopes:
In plain english, this means that the application will have permission to:
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time
- Access and manage your data
The OAuth flow will provide us with a refresh_token that is valid until explicitly revoked.
Importantly, the actions our application can take are limited to the permissions of the user who authorized it.
3. What Salesforce permissions do I need?
4. Can I restrict what data you can access on Lead/Contact/Account?
Yes. If your Contact/Lead/Account contains HR data, or anything you would like to restrict access to, you can restrict access to only the "relevant" fields on those objects. In this scenario, please contact your Customer Success Manager to decide what fields to give access to.
5. Does MadKudu ever creates/deletes records in Salesforce?
No. MadKudu does not create any new leads or delete any records. It also does not write to any field that was not created by MadKudu.
6. What data will this integration obtain from Salesforce?
We limit ourselves to the minimum information needed to run our predictions.
By default, MadKudu pulls the following objects (and their history) along with their standard attributes:
- Campaign Member
Additional data (including Salesforce Custom Objects) can pulled if you are on the Enterprise plan.
7. Can MadKudu connect with Salesforce if we leverage SSO?
Yes, we have customers using tools like Okta to manage their credentials and our integration will work. However connecting to Sandbox accounts will require a different authentication login.