✅ Source ✅ Destination
What does this integration do?
Salesforce integrates with MadKudu as a Source and a Destination.
From Salesforce, MadKudu can
- pull your Leads, Contacts, and Accounts to score, as well as data on Opportunities to build predictive models
- pull Salesforce Campaign Members and Tasks to build a behavioral score.
- push the MadKudu scores to the Lead, Contact or Account objects to help you segment and prioritize your prospects.
You can also set up Sales notifications for your prospect to be sent to the right person. Learn more.
Step 1: connect Salesforce to MadKudu
Note: only 1 Salesforce instance can be connected to MadKudu.
- Log in to MadKudu app app.madkudu.com
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Salesforce
- Choose an option to connect to Salesforce
Best practice: A specific unique Salesforce user (an Integration User) should be assigned for MadKudu and not using an employee user login to avoid having the connection with MadKudu break when the employee leaves the company. This will also allow you to monitor API calls and records updated by MadKudu.
With OAuth (preferred)
- Click on the OAuth button.
- You will be redirected to Salesforce. Follow the instructions give us access. You will be redirected back to MadKudu once done.
With Username / Password / Security Token (rare)
This setup is available but not recommended long-term as the password and security token expire regularly and break the connection between MadKudu and Salesforce.
To connect with Username / Password
- Log in to your Salesforce account
- Click on your name at the top right of the screen
- Click on My Settings
- Click on Personal in the left navigation bar
- Click on Reset My Security Token
- Click on Reset Security Token
You should receive an email. Open your emails and find the Salesforce security token in the message
- Go back to MadKudu app app.madkudu.com (Integrations>Salesforce)
- Enter your Salesforce Username, Password and Security Token
- Click Save
MadKudu will start pulling data from Salesforce. The list of fields being pulled by default will appear in the section "Pull".
Step 2: Install MadKudu package in Salesforce
- Click on the following installation URL https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tDp000000y3Y3 to start installing MadKudu in Salesforce
- You'll be asked to sign in to your Salesforce account
- Select Install for All users and click Install
- In the dialog box, select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites checkbox, then click Continue.
- Salesforce will then install the MadKudu components. This installation may take up to 10 minutes
- You may see a message: This app is taking a long time to install. You will receive an email after the installation has completed.
- Click Done and wait for an email from Salesforce with the subject Package MadKudu Integration Install Successful
Step 3: Add MadKudu to your Salesforce layouts
Once MadKudu package is installed in Salesforce you can add the components to your layout
You'll do the following steps for Lead, Contact and Account
- In Salesforce, click on the Setup gear icon
- Click on Object Manager and search Lead
- Click on Page layout
- Create a section "MadKudu Intelligence" and drag and drop the fields MK. More details
- Follow the instructions here to display the Sales Intelligence module in your Salesforce
Well done! You're all set!
|Pull (Source)||Push (Destination)|
1. Can I test MadKudu using my Salesforce Sandbox first?
MadKudu supports connections to Salesforce sandboxes but if you would like to use a Salesforce Sandbox, please reach out to the Solution Engineering team in charge of your implementation.
2. What OAuth scope does your application use?
Our OAuth application requests the following scopes:
In plain english, this means that the application will have permission to:
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time
- Access and manage your data
The OAuth flow will provide us with a refresh_token that is valid until explicitly revoked.
Importantly, the actions our application can take are limited to the permissions of the user who authorized it.
3. What Salesforce permissions do I need?
4. Can I restrict what data you can access on Lead/Contact/Account?
Yes. If your Contact/Lead/Account contains HR data, or anything you would like to restrict access to, you can restrict access to only the "relevant" fields on those objects. In this scenario, please contact your Customer Success Manager to decide what fields to give access to.
5. Does MadKudu ever create/delete records in Salesforce?
No. MadKudu does not create any new leads or delete any records. It also does not write to any field that was not created by MadKudu.
6. What data will this integration obtain from Salesforce?
We limit ourselves to the minimum information needed to run our predictions.
By default, MadKudu pulls the following objects (and their history) along with their standard attributes:
- Campaign Member
7. Can MadKudu connect with Salesforce if we leverage Oauth?
Yes, MadKudu can connect with Salesforce Oauth. However, connecting to Sandbox accounts will require username/password credentials.
8. How do I know which SFDC user if currently connected to Madkudu?
Unfortunately, Madkudu does not expose that information yet. Please submit a ticket. Can you explain, if possible, what you're trying to achieve so that we can advise?