✅ Source ✅ Destination
What does this integration do?
Turning on the Segment integration is very useful if you want to:
- send Segment data to MadKudu. Web visits or App usage tracked in Segment can be sent to MadKudu to be used for behavioral scoring.
- send your MadKudu data to Segment. Send MadKudu scores and segmentations to Segment to route them to any of the tools you'd like.
More info on Segment Methods
|Pull (Source)||Push (Destination)|
Note that here:
- Source means Segment as a MadKudu Source to provide MadKudu with data.
- Destination means Segment as a MadKudu Destination to send the MadKudu predictions to Segment.
When Segment is a source for MadKudu, MadKudu is a Destination for Segment and vice versa.
How to send Segment data to MadKudu?
- Log in to MadKudu app (app.madkudu.com)
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Segment
- In the Segment pull page, click on Activate Pull
- A Segment page will open. Select the Workspace and Source tracking the data to send to MadKudu.
To send data from more than one source to MadKudu, add the additional source directly in Segment after adding the first source.
- Click Allow
MadKudu will be added automatically as a Segment destination. You should now see MadKudu in your list of Destination
When the setup is completed, in MadKudu you should see the list of data MadKudu will start pulling from Segment.
How to send historical data from Segment?
Behavioral models generally perform best with at least 9 months of training data. However, once you connect Segment, we only receive your data going forward. To send historical data for training, there are two options:
Segment replay (available to Segment Business plan only)
If you're a customer of Segment Business tier, you can ask your account manager to replay your historical data to our destination. This is the most convenient way. Please request a 9 months replay. Learn more.
Sending historical data through Amazon S3
If you are on a lower tier than the Segment Business tier, you can still send your historical data to MadKudu via Amazon S3. To do so, please follow these instructions.
How to send MadKudu data to Segment?
Please follow the steps in this article!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send data to MadKudu from more than one source?
- Yes, you would need to add these sources directly from your Segment account.