✅ Source ✅ Destination
What does this integration do?
Turning on the Segment integration is very useful if you want to:
- send Segment data to MadKudu. Web visits or App usage tracked in Segment can be sent to MadKudu to be used for behavioral scoring.
- send your MadKudu data to Segment. Send MadKudu scores and segmentations to Segment to route them to any of the tools you'd like.
More info on Segment Methods
|Pull (Source)||Push (Destination)|
Note that here:
- Source means Segment as a MadKudu Source to provide MadKudu with data.
- Destination means Segment as a MadKudu Destination to send the MadKudu predictions to Segment.
When Segment is a source for MadKudu, MadKudu is a Destination for Segment and vice versa.
How to send Segment data to MadKudu?
Step 1: Connect Segment to MadKudu
- Log in to MadKudu app (app.madkudu.com)
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Segment
- In the Segment pull page, click on Activate Pull
- A Segment page will open. Select the Workspace and Source tracking the data to send to MadKudu.
- Click Allow
Step 2: Add MadKudu as a Segment destination
- Log in to Segment app (app.segment.com)
- Click on Connections > Destinations
- Click Add Destination
- Search MadKudu
- Click Configure MadKudu
- Select the same source you've added at step 1
- Enter the Destination Name
- Get the MadKudu API key in app.madkudu.com > Integrations > API
- Enter the MadKudu API Key in Segment
When the setup is completed,
- in MadKudu you should see the data pulled from Segment.
- in Segment you should see MadKudu as a Destination .
How to send historical data from Segment?
Behavioral models generally perform best with at least 9 months of training data. However, once you connect Segment, we only receive your data going forward. To send historical data for training, there are two options:
Segment replay (available to Segment Business plan only)
If you're a customer of Segment Business tier, you can ask your account manager to replay your historical data to our destination. This is the most convenient way. Please request a 9 months replay. Learn more.
Sending historical data through Amazon S3
If you are on a lower tier than the Segment Business tier, you can still send your historical data to MadKudu via Amazon S3. To do so, please follow these instructions.
How to send MadKudu data to Segment?
You've built your models and segmentation with MadKudu and now want to receive the scores in Segment? Just follow the steps below.
- Log in to Segment (app.segment.com)
- Go to the source you want to send your MadKudu data to. Generally, this is the same source that is sending data to MadKudu in the previous step.
- Inside this project, click on Settings, then to the API Keys section and copy the Write Key. (See Segment instructions to locate your API key)
- Login to MadKudu app.madkudu.com
- Go to Integrations
- Click on Segment
- Go to the Push page
- Paste the Write Key
- Click Save
- Our team will set the rest up for you and discuss which fields to push.
When the setup is completed you should see the fields MadKudu pushes to Segment like this:
What data is sent from MadKudu to Segment?
MadKudu sends data to Segment via the Segment Identify method:
"mk_country": "United States",
- the native integration between MadKudu to Segment supports "identify" calls only.
- only users active in the last 30 days will be scored to avoid increasing your Segment bill
For more about the MadKudu fields being sent to Segment, please consult this article.
The push section shows as "active" in the Madkudu app I don't see data coming through Segment, why?
- Once you have set up the Segment push integration, our team will need to finalize the activation. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org