Supercharge Intercom with MadKudu
"By inverting the problem and having visitors ask for our time, booking rates went through the roof." - Guillaume Cabane, VP Growth at Segment
Instantly qualify your website visitors through the MadKudu fit score and automatically allow qualified leads to book a meeting through the Intercom Messenger.
The MadKudu Intercom app enables you to:
- Instantly qualify your visitors by using historical and third-party data to predict whether or not visitors should be sent to the Sales team once an email has been identified.
- Trigger a Custom Bot workflow that can send automated messages based on the MadKudu predictive fit score, e.g., send an automated message to book a demo with a sales representative.
How to set it up?
Install the app
- Sign in to your Intercom instance
- Check your Intercom user permissions under "Apps and Integrations"
- You should have the "Can install, configure and delete apps" permission set enabled*
- Install the MadKudu app through the Intercom app store
- Check the customer fit scores and segments
- If the connection is successful, scores and segments will be updated for Users and Leads in your Intercom instance.
*If you do not have the correct permissions, please get in touch with your Intercom Admin.
View your MadKudu scores on the Intercom platform
- On Intercom, navigate to "Platform"
- Click on the button to display attributes
3. Select mk_customer_fit_segment and mk_customer_fit_score from the list of Lead/User attributes to display on the interface
- Once selected, the MadKudu predictions will now be easily accessible within the Intercom interface
Set up Fastlane within a Chatbot
Here's a video demo to set up Fastlane within a Chatbot.
- Set up a "Custom Bot for Visitors"
- Choose an audience that meets your needs
- Select which pages you'd like this bot to be set up on
- Select any other traits to look out for, for example, visitor trait or time spent
- Design your bot
- Write a hook message that captures your visitor's attention. This will be the first thing visitors see when engaging with your chatbot.
- Add reply buttons and a corresponding path for each reply. Under the path that signals interest collect a visitor's email by adding a datapoint labeled "email".
- Once the email has been collected the MadKudu app will start processing the email against your fit model.
- Note this will take a few seconds to process and update the Lead/User attributes record in Intercom. We recommend building in a buffer to allow time for processing to complete.
- Create a rely button that directs the visitors looking for a sales demo to a Demo path.
- Under the Demo path send a follow-up message that signals to the user they will be followed up with. The message should set the right expectations for the visitor while acting as a buffer for the fit score to populate into Intercom.
- Include a conditional follow-up action if mk_customer_fit_segment contains good then "Send bot message and app." (selecting Calendly as the app)
- Note the bot message should indicate to the visitor there is another action to take (immediately book time on your sales calendars) and set the expectations that they have been prioritized for a sales demo because you consider them a VIP prospect.
- Complete setting up the other paths for folks that are not interested in a sales demo
4. Save the bot and make it live
Now, you are able to qualify meetings directly on the website.