Are you suddenly seeing an increase in updates in your CRM from MadKudu? There are a few common causes that could be behind this spike, and we're here to help you understand what's going on and what you can do about it.
First things first, let's confirm that the updates are indeed coming from MadKudu. In Salesforce, you can check the "API Usage last 7 days" report to see which integration users are making the most API calls. If MadKudu is the culprit, read on to learn about the possible causes.
- One reason for the sudden surge in updates could be that you recently uploaded a large list of new records (leads, contacts, accounts) to your CRM. MadKudu will pull any new or updated records from this list, which can trigger score updates.
- Another possibility is that you recently deployed a new model that is significantly different from the previous version. This can generate new scores, segments, and signals for a large number of records, leading to a flood of updates in your CRM.
- Finally, if there is a process in your CRM that is mass-updating records, MadKudu will pull any updated records, which can also trigger a spike in updates.
So, what can you do about it?
- If you've uploaded a large list of records, try spacing out future uploads over several days to avoid a future sudden surge.
- If you plan to deploy a new model, compare it to the previous version to estimate the changes and deploy it during off-hours if possible. You can also reach out to our support team for advice on the best way to deploy your new model.
- If processes are mass-updating records, review the list of fields that MadKudu is pulling by going to Integrations > Salesforce > Pull or Integrations > Hubspot > Pull. A high number of fields pulled by MadKudu can cause a spike in API calls when they're updated. If they're not used in your models, have MadKudu stop pulling those by opening a ticket. In general, try to spread out your processes over several days to avoid overwhelming your CRM with updates.
And don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you need further assistance. We're here to help!