If you want to use your own CRM enrichment for a data point that is also provided by MadKudu through our data providers, this article is for you! We are talking about core traits like company size, company industry, lead title, etc.
- You have the role of an admin or an architect
- You know what computations are
- You have a basic understanding of the SQL language
What are combined computations?
Combined computations allow you to maximize the coverage of a data point that you have in your own CRM and that is also provided by MadKudu.
We recommend creating combined computations for the following data points:
- Company Number of employees
- Company Industry
- Company Country
- Lead job title
Where do I create combined computations?
Creating a combined computation happens in the computation tab of the Data Studio, via the advanced mode.
How do I create combined computations?
Step 1: Pull your CRM data into MadKudu
This is available for Salesforce and HubSpot only. See instructions here.
Step 2: Map your attributes
Once you've received a success email saying your fields have been pulled successfully, follow these instructions.
Step 3: Choose which data source will be prioritized
Now you have to choose which data source will be prioritized, and which data source will be considered as back up when your prioritized source doesn't give you any information. In other words, do you want your model to always consider your CRM enrichment or MadKudu enrichment, or vise versa? You want to think about which data source is more reliable for your scoring model.
- Using your CRM enrichment in priority:
- Pro: Consistency between the data displayed in your Signals and your CRM enrichment.
- Con: because your CRM data takes longer to process, the score received by a lead upon its creation will always be based on MadKudu's enrichment (that is accessible immediately). The score is then updated a few hours later using your CRM enrichment. In some cases, this can cause scores to change. Learn more about Batch vs Real-Time scoring.
- Using MadKudu's enrichment in priority:
- Pro: More stability upon first-time scoring.
- Con: Your Sales team might witness a discrepancy between your CRM enrichment and MadKudu's enrichment displayed in the Signals.
Step 4: Create a combined computation
- Go to https://studio.madkudu.com/ and navigate to Computations > New computation
- Name your computation. We recommend the naming convention 'Title combined', 'Industry Combined'.
- Select the type 'String' (except for employees number who will be Number/Boolean)
- Select the mode 'Advanced'
Then it's time to write your SQL statement defining your combined computation.
You will either use:
Step 5: Click 'Create computation'
If an error banner shows up to indicate a syntax error, feel free to reach out to our support team.
Step 6: Deploy
After saving your new computation, you will be brought back to the computation menu. You will see a banner at the top of the page prompting you to deploy your new computation. Click 'Deploy'.
Congratulations! You're done!
You will need to reload the dataset of any model you want to use (or simply visualize) your new combined computation in!